Do you have a loved one who’s getting ready to embark upon a weight loss journey? This holiday season, you can help him or her succeed in living a healthy lifestyle with some well-chosen fitness and wellness gifts.
Here are just a few of our favorite holiday gifts for fitness beginners.
These nifty gadgets allow your loved one to monitor their daily exercise metrics, including calories burned, steps and/or distance walked, heart rate and more.
While there are a number of fitness trackers on the market, some of our favorites include:
- Garmin Vivosmart HR+: The HR+ is a good bet if your recipient likes their gadgets loaded with features. The home screen allows you to swipe between daily steps, stairs climbed, active minutes, calories burned, distance traveled and more. It features a Move bar that alerts you when you have been inactive for too long.
- Fitbit Charge 2: The Charge 2 is a good general fitness tracker. A nice middle-of-the-road tracker, it monitors steps, sleep and heart rate.
- Misfit Ray: The Ray is right if your recipient favors simplicity. The Ray has a stylish look and offers step and sleep tracking. There are different design options, and the device can also be worn as a pendant.
Listening to music or podcasts makes an hourlong workout more pleasant. Some solid exercise-friendly headphones include:
- Skullcandy Grind: The Grind provides excellent audio quality without breaking the bank. These on-ear headphones feature a sleek metal headband, a detachable cable and Taptech, which lets a user click a single button to take calls, play or pause music, and skip tracks.
- Bose SoundSport Wireless: The SoundSport earbuds are wireless and easily pair to a Bluetooth device. Though the price point is steep, these earbuds provide top-notch sound while remaining secure and comfortable through strenuous exercise.
- Sennheiser CX 686G Sports: The CX 686G earbuds are wired and durable. They feature a sealer in-ear canal design to block out exterior noise, and best of all, they’re affordable!
The Flipbelt fitness belt makes it easier to conveniently and securely store one’s keys, smartphone, wallet and more during exercise. It’s lightweight, has a better storage capacity than running armbands and pouches and comes in a variety of colors.
Brooks Streaker Long Sleeve Running Shirt
Help your new runner look and feel the part with a top-of-the-line running shirt. This women’s shirt from Brooks is fitted, and its DriLayer fabric wicks away moisture and reduces odor.
Reebok CrossFit Speed TR Shoes
These men’s Reebok cross-trainers are an ideal gym shoe, allowing for stability and comfort during high-intensity cardio or power squats.
Keeping hydrated is the first rule of exercise. Takeya’s 40-oz. insulated stainless steel water bottle is durable, BPA-free and versatile.
Eating well is an integral part of a healthy lifestyle. Meal subscriptions make it convenient and fun to cook at home instead of eating out. Blue Apron meal boxes include meats raised on antibiotic- and hormone-free diets and mostly organic and locally sourced ingredients.
Gift-giving can be a powerful way to support your loved one in their quest to live a healthier lifestyle. This holiday season, show them your love and support with one of these fitness gifts.