- Lose weight
- Improve health
- Reduce health care expenses
- Improve quality of life
- Longer, healthier life
- Reduce chance of stroke or heart attack
- Reduce risk of different cancers
- Improve or get rid of high blood pressure
- Improve or get rid of acid reflux
- Improve or get rid of high cholesterol
- Help with depression
- Get rid of sleep apnea
- Help joint and back pain
- Improve urinary stress incontinence
- Improve fertility
- Improve sexual health and ability
Improvements in Numbers
- 95% of people will get rid of, avoid or make diabetes easier to treat.
- 93% will see their high blood pressure improve or disappear.
- 98% will have their sleep apnea disappear. Means they can toss the high pressure mask.
- 98% will no longer have GERD (also called reflux or heartburn).
Weight Loss Surgery
For patients after surgery, healthcare costs are less because they are on less medication, they don’t have to see the doctor as often, and they have fewer lab tests.
More intimately, patients get the simple joys of life back. They enjoy time with their family, play with their children, and they can fit in restaurant booths, amusement park rides and movie theater seats. People who live with obesity understand that the condition has a serious negative impact on their quality of life. Because of morbid obesity, you may choose not to join in certain activities, or are even limited to job opportunities.
To find out more information about bariatric surgery and to see if weight loss surgery is right for you, call Dr. Dirk today. With convenient locations throughout the Dallas region, he can help you turn your life around.